Wednesday 9 May 2012

Implementing the Communication Strategy for PubLists and QMRO - part 1

Back in the heady days (January 2011) of the JISC-funded RePosit project, I drew up a Communication Strategy that I planned to use to identify routes and methods of communication and advocacy once Queen Mary Research Online was launched.  At the time, this seemed like a long way off and I set it aside as something to work with 'later'.  Well, 'later' arrived with somewhat more bang than I expected in September 2011 with the strategy being taken up by the powers that be and with my strategy turning into a full blown project.

So, here I am 'Implementing the Communications Strategy for PubLists and QMRO' with a series of blog posts about my endeavours to engage the various echelons at QM in open access and publications management.

PubLists - QM's research publications management database, running on Symplectic Elements
QMRO - Queen Mary Research Online - the institutional repository, running on DSpace

To start with, my strategy needs a project plan, something I haven't drawn up before, and which is proving a bit daunting.  However, some of the strands on my strategy are already taking shape, so there is progress even without the plan itself having been finalised.

Over the course of the next few weeks I hope to do a series of updates focusing on various elements of the strategy, the first of which will follow shortly.

The views expressed in this blog are mine and are not representative of Queen Mary, University of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment